Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Car that changed the World

1990.

A good year for Merlot,
and a great year
for Mercury Sable 4-Door Sedans.

6 Cylinders, for power.

No muffler, who needs it?

Digital Dashboard, for no reason at all.

8 Speaker Hi-Fi soundsystem,
with Cassette only.

Awesome.

I've been driving around town,
listening to my Huey Lewis and the News,
and feeling great about life.

A car comes with Freedom.

The Freedom to remove the entire
backseat for more cargo space.

The freedom to buy a custom
steering wheel cover and
Curious George floormats.

I bought the Sable two weeks
ago at a charity auction out
in the suburbs of Chicago.

$400 cash.

Yup, that's right.

$400 cash.

And it works.

I had to get some work
done on the front transaxle,
I don't know what that is,
but it needed afixin.

The transmission, engine,
lights, electric, wheels, everything works fine.

Again, no muffler, so it sounds like a motorcycle,
but I can always get that fixed.

In the meantime,
I can go pick up groceries,
I can drive to the Thrift Store,
and when April arrives,
we can hit the road in
leather interior style.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home